|All my newest art|
Percy knew how Annabeth worked even before they started dating. It had happened naturally; he had began to notice little things about Annabeth that hinted at how she was feeling, what she was needed to be fixed.. And in return, Percy began to supply that need, in any way he could. For example...
1) When she lowered her head slightly and refused to meet his eyes, he knew she was going to cry. And he would be there to kiss the tears away.
2) When she tugged that little curl behind her left ear, he knew she was over-thinking something. And he would be there to distract her, make her laugh, even if it meant making Athena even more displeased with his antics ( Gods, a little respect please? Maybe some gratitude? I could've just left you're godly butt to the mercy of Kronos...).
3) When she bit her lip and looked away, he knew she was nervous. And he was there to make that feeling go away ( of course, there would be some teasing involved to, but only if Percy was up to getting hit in the head ).
4) When she looked up at him and smiled that gentle smile at him, her eyes a soft, vulnerable grey, he knew she was in need of a kiss, of a little reassurance. And he would gladly kiss her troubles away, make everything better, if it meant she would be happy.
5) When she curled her fingers ever so slightly and her mouth involuntarily tightened, he knew she was angry, even if she wasn't aware of it. And he was there to calm her down before the fireworks started; and if and when they did, he was there to listen and take her ranting with his laid-back attitude and make it seem like everything was okay, even if it wasn't.
6) When she stuck her lower lip out and held her hands together, he knew she was pouting and that she just to stubborn to admit it. And he would be the one who satisfied her, without her even knowing he knew that this was what she wanted.
7) When she crossed her arms and stared at him with those steely grey eyes, he knew she was frustrated and at her limit. And he would be there to calmly listen to her reasoning and come up with a compromise they could both agree to.
8) When she sighed and blew that one curl that always managed to escape the restrictions of her hair band, he knew she was feeling over-whelmed and needed a break. And he would be there to help her forget her worries, even if it was only for a little while. It was enough.
9) When she un-knowingly gripped his hand in a death grip and put on her expressionless mask for everyone outside her close circle of friends, he knew she was secretly terrified and was desperately looking for an anchor in her hectic life. And he would be her anchor, bring her back down to earth and hug her tight and never let her go.
10) When she curled up in a ball on his lap and clung to his shirt, he knew the words that she needed to hear. And he would always be there to say them over and over again, to move in close and whisper gently in her ear, 'I love you', because, simply...he meant it.